Wednesday 2 April 2014

Introducing Indolence Blues

As you probably know by now the inspiration for the CKCB counterfeit kit this month is the CSI's Case File 112.
A different sort of challenge and a new way of looking at things with a colour palette to use and prompts in the form of "Evidence"  and "Testimony" to get us thinking.
As soon as I read the words "dream vacation" I knew that I had the perfect photo for my first LO, I just needed to decide which one.

not this one, although it could have been
In September 2013 the Senior Partner and I went on an “all inclusive” holiday, a dream vacation indeed.
Off we flew to the Michelangelo Resort & Spa situated on the north eastern coast of the beautiful Greek Island of Kos.

not this one either, gorgeous as it is.
So many shades of blue on blue, so calming and relaxing.
Combine these views with amazing Spa treatments, wonderful food and delicious cocktails every evening and you’ll see why I've called my kit this month “Indolence Blues”.


For my LO I finally chose a photograph taken from the terrace outside our room, looking across the pool & gardens and out over the blue Aegean Sea to the Turkish coastline beyond.

From the kit I took a sheet of blue cardstock, then began layering.
First a page of vintage sheet music, then dotty pp, tags and a page from the old school book.


The final layer beneath the photograph was a simple pocket that I made from the vellum sheet, then I slid the "Best Day Ever" journaling tag inside. Once the photograph was in place I placed one of the Toga frames off centre on top, stamped a flock of seabirds flying overhead, added a beautiful butterfly a couple of buttons and a strip of  chevron washi tape, a quick spritz of Adirondack Color Wash in Denim and voila c'est fini.


The journaling reads:
“The time we spent on the Greek Island of Kos was a dream vacation. The views were amazing; the sunlight reflected in the pool was only surpassed by the moonlight on the azure blue Aegean Sea.”

11 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fabulous page! A perfect place for a dream vacation indeed. You inspire me to scrap some photos from my vacation at Greece. I love the design of your page, and the off center frame gives so much interest to the page. lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what a gorgeous photo and beautifully scrapped! My dream vacation has yet to happen, a Cruise aboard the National Geographic work ship of the Alaska Inside Passage. The ship is small enough to take you places the big cruise ships cannot. Some day!!! Yet I have photos of other trips I can scrap for this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful page Maggie and fabulous photos with memories to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic page hun - loving those fabulous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning page for a stunning view - great memories preserved beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great page and a real stunner of a photo! You really showcased it so perfectly. I can't imagine ever having a holiday like this but like to peep into other's experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful :) Wow that is a breathtaking spot indeed :) Well you just inspired me for one of my layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning photo and arrangement

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are definitely right - this kit is custom made for these gorgeous photos! Adore all your scrummy layering & details, esp the bird stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. am a big fan of gorgeous butterflies and love the vintage paper in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness, what a gorgeous layout and INCREDIBLE view! I'm jealous! Greece is definitely on my bucket list and I hope to visit someday.

    ReplyDelete