Tuesday 23 July 2013

CKCB - July Blog Hop

Welcome to my stage of the CKCB "Master of Forgery" blog hop.
If you came over from Leslie's blog "Out of the Mire" you must be really hopping, if you came here just to visit why not hop on and join the fun?

This was the challenge this month:
Challenge #1:  Pick one of our DT members and peruse their blog for a bit.  Find something that inspires you and use that to create a project!  When you blog about it, please make sure to link up to their inspiration as well as to your finished project!

Well, you know the Design Team are all pretty talented scrappers and it was a pleasure to take time out and mooch through their blogs checking out all the great stuff on them.
I originally picked three LO's as possible scraplifts but finally went with this one which I found on Lesley G's blog "Oh! Blog it!" on a post entitled "Peg It".


Although I didn't have any mini pegs to include in my July Kit I liked this LO so much, this is my interpretation.



I used Photoscape to create the collage image of a pink hydrangea taken in my garden last summer, sadly with the heat we're having here in Normandy at the moment the poor hydrangeas are not looking quite so healthy.


Mostly created using items from my July "Fun in the Sun" kit, with added embellies: Dear Lizzy thickers arrows; "pink" basic grey mini monogram stickers; the "Lovely" clear cut shape is from Little Yellow Bicycle.

I hope you've enjoyed your brief sojourn in Normandy, time now to hop off to Greenville, SC and Ashley's blog "Paper For People".

Or, if you want to start the hop from the beginning go to the CKCB where you'll find the list of everyone taking part today.

15 comments:

  1. Maggie, you chose me! Thank you for lifting my page so beautifully. Your colours make your photos jump offf the page and I feel like I'm in Normandy with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the little details... the colours are really subtle and lesley g is right... the photos pop! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like how you have printed the photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photographs, they really "pop".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colors choice was perfect for this photo, beautiful layout !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pink and green together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great lift - I am definitely pinching your idea of layering a photo *over* a close-up - pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too Jemma.. what a great idea.. I almost chose this original LO to Scraplift myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great. What a great tie on the inspiration page thos flowers look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous color - I almost picked this one, too! Hydrangeas are a fave of mine, but I don't have any (now I will have to look for some :~) Love your oversized bracket to contain your scrummy cluster.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous layout. And you did a fabulous job with the scraplift!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely take on Lesley's page, I love the pinks and aquas paired together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. really pretty page
    blessings to you from Angela

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely page, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This page is really pretty. Love the overlapped close up idea with your photos.

    ReplyDelete