Sunday 23 June 2013

UK Scrappers Trendy Tag Swap - June.


I forgot to photograph the May tags which I made for the TTS but luckily remembered this month before mailing them off to Heidi in the UK.
The theme for June is "Beside the Seaside" and despite the terrible weather we are having in Normandy this month, (the rain hail is beating down on my attic window as I type) I rose to the challenge.

Listen and you will hear a Symphony

I found a gorgeous sea shell stamp on ebay and used it as my inspiration. 
I tried using a pale blue ink but the impression was too faint.
Eventually I went with TH Kraft cardstock and sepia Archival Ink to try and achieve a beachy/sandy look.
The three bugs in a rug cabana striped pp made me think of deckchairs.
The shells are from a local beach and the TH game spinners/compass pointers add a slightly nautical touch.
Looking forward to receiving my swapped tags soon and seeing how the others interpreted the brief.

1 comment: