Monday 9 July 2012

A wedding & a sonnet

Like many of you I've been staying indoors out of the rain, my poor vegetable garden is looking so neglected, and scrapping.
The inspiration for much of my crafting this past week has come, as usual, from the UK Scrappers site.
Last week they held an amazing sponsor blog hop and I spent a couple of hours hopping around visiting all the sponsors and gathering ideas for future projects and learning about new techniques.
I was surprised and a little thrilled (!) this morning to see that my blog hopping had resulted in not only "just scrapping" but also "Normandy Life" making it onto the home page at UKS in the BlogBits review.


This is the sketch for the monthly House Challenge set by the Gold Eyelets team.


and this is my take.
The pp's all came from my stash, I misted the paper with Adirondack colour wash in "Lettuce" using a flower mask from TCW. The chipboard alpha's are American Crafts "Forest".
I "quilt stitched" the hexagons using a sparkly green Gelly Roll pen.


The week one challenge was to use something, blue, a Shakespearian quote and to place the photograph in the centre of the page.

This was a great challenge and enabled me to use a photo, of my sister and her eldest son, which I've been itching to scrap for some time.
The papers are from the Tim Holtz "Destinations" series and I used a TH  "idea-ology" kraft glassine pocket to hold the tag.

à bien tôt

4 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous layouts! I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful layouts.I especially love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts Maggie, A lovely way to spend a raining day.
    Hugs Rosemary...

    ReplyDelete